Atiku claims Tinubu never defeated him in 2023 election, says every Nigerian knows it was ‘criminally stolen’

Atiku claims Tinubu never defeated him in 2023 election, says every Nigerian knows it was ‘criminally stolen’

The 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has alleged that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu didn’t defeat him in the 2023 election; rather, it was “criminally stolen.”

Atiku’s assertion followed an attack on him by the Presidency over his criticism of President Bola Tinubu’s policies

He had earlier described the current administration’s approach as “trial-and-error” and “palliative economy.”

He argued that implementing multiple reforms simultaneously, such as exchange rate, electricity tariff, and petrol price adjustments, would be “overkill.”

However, Special Adviser to President Tinubu on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, countered that Atiku’s ideas lacked detail and were rejected by Nigerians in the 2023 polls.

He also warned that an Atiku-led administration would have plunged Nigeria into a worse situation or resulted in cronyism.

Tinubu won the 2023 presidential election, beating off competition from Abubakar and the then Labour Party candidate, Peter Obi.

In another series of tweets on Monday, Atiku alleged that he was robbed of victory in the last election, stating, “Let me emphasise that the citizens who cast their votes in the 2023 presidential election are well aware that I did not lose; rather, we find ourselves in this predicament because the election was criminally stolen from the Nigerian people.”

Abubakar lamented that Nigerians are currently in economic “turmoil,” as the president’s ascension to power was devoid of a “coherent plan.”

The tweet read, “I have taken note of the initial responses highlighting the striking disparity between President Tinubu’s faltering economic policies and the alternatives I have proposed. It is exciting to witness such a vigorous debate on these critical matters, and I sincerely hope that this discourse will ultimately benefit Nigeria and its citizens.

“Like many fellow Nigerians, I firmly believe that we find ourselves in this current economic turmoil due to the Tinubu administration’s hasty ascent to power, devoid of a coherent plan.

“In stark contrast, my team not only devised a comprehensive Recovery Plan, but also welcomed significant input from Nigerians, ensuring that our approach was inclusive and well-considered.

“Isn’t it fascinating how the so-called “tested” Tinubu administration’s only policy response seems to be a national prayer led by the First Lady and the NSA? Just a mere 24 hours after I proposed my alternative solutions! What a bold strategy!

“In my humble interpretation of the scriptures, prayer indeed serves as a noble path to follow. However, the sacred texts also counsel us to engage in diligent labour and hard work.

“It is therefore uncharitable for Tinubu’s team to claim that my proposals remain untested. What remains unproven is the erratic, trial-and-error nature of the policies so far implemented by this administration, which elucidates our present predicament.

Let us not forget that under our economic stewardship between 1999-2003, Nigeria soared to the pinnacle of Africa’s economies, while their administration has relegated us to a disheartening fourth position.

“The average GDP rate under the Obasanjo administration that I served in was 6.59% and peaked at 15% in 2002; 7.98% under the late Yar’Adua administration and 4.8% under Jonathan compared to the dismal 2.8% of the so-called “tested” Tinubu era. Enough of the pains of the shambolic “bolekaja” economic  policy prescriptions!

“We cannot hope to tax our way out of the economic quagmire wrought by these misguided experimental policies of a novice administration. Numerous nations, such as the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Monaco (an EU territory with a zero-income tax policy), among many others, have emerged as economic powerhouses by fostering growth through lower taxation. Why then are we fixated on inflicting further hardship upon an already struggling populace?

“One can only speculate that Tinubu’s government is anchored to a mere Tea-plan, which can only lead to a T-pain.

“Furthermore, let me emphasize that the citizens who cast their votes in the 2023 presidential election are well aware that I did not lose; rather, we find ourselves in this predicament because the election was criminally stolen from the Nigerian people”.

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *